Friday 12 October 2012

Indiana Chip and Detective Teddy: Chapter Twenty-Four

\ Chapter 24 \ The meeting



  When Chip got into Teds house he saw some of the team on some seats, he sat down on a chair and waited for the others to come to the meeting. When everyone was there Ted said "excuse me, everyone, I want to say something, what happened last night was very dissapointing and we must do something about it, whos with me!" All the animals cheered as Ted said "Right then, we must get better weapons for a start, and we must improve our skills, bro, how's your invention coming on," I.Ted said "It coming on great., I should finish it by chapter 33," D.Ted, put down his script and said "Yea, that's correct, hey you, yea you the person reading this, if your bored, just put down the book, go off and play my little pony or something, if not keep reading, still with us good, right, good, meeting over, go practice your skills!


END CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

Notes: The war against paragraphs continues.

Ten year-old me thought having the characters read the script to be dreadfully clever and original. I was a bit sad when I got to watch Spaceballs a few years later, and discover it used a similar joke before me.

I wonder if the meta-comment to the reader was just a reflection of ten year-old me's boredom? Difficult to say, but it seems insulting My Little Pony is a timeless endeavour.

No comments:

Post a Comment